Saturday, September 1, 2012

13w0d

WOW! I can't believe jessuhbean and I made it this far! 2nd TRIMESTER!!! I guess technically it is 13w3d, but I'm going to round down so I can celebrate :P I love seeing my countdowns and tickers 1/3 of the way finished!

My m/s has left the building, at least for a few days. OMG it is so great to not be throwing up!

I am finally starting to feel a bit excited (well today.. who knows, tomorrow I could be a mess again!). I've been waiting to feel a bit more confident. I haven't been using my Doppler as much. Now I only break it out about twice a week vs every day (and sometimes several times in a day).

My check up was yesterday. It was pretty uneventful. The nurse wasn't worried about my weight at all. She said it is fine and she expects me to put it back on when my appetite comes back. She said my bp was "perfect." My doctor found the baby's heartbeat literally as soon as she pressed the Doppler wand to my belly. She even commented about how easy it was. Baby has been chilling dead center by my hairline for 2 or 3 weeks (before he/she was a tiny bit the my left). HB was 160. She said she'd guess girl by the heartbeat. I was surprised she'd entertain an OWT.
This study (above) is from the 80's.. but I doubt it is something that would change bc of time or technology. Listening on a Doppler for a hb and plotting it on a chart seems to be the only way to do a study like that.

I got the results for the NT scan b/w portion with the u/s. 1 in 20k chance of Downs Syndrome and an equally high number for the Trisomy's. She said I "passed" the test :P I was so excited to hear such a high number for the DS, that I don't remember the other numbers she told me.


How far along? 13w0d!
Total weight gain/loss? I haven't weighed myself today, but yesterday I was 125. Seems like my weight loss stalled this week (:
Maternity clothes? Still none. I have thought about buying some bc it's labor day weekend. I guess I'll talk to Keith tomorrow
Stretch marks? I have the small boob stretch mark and a HUGE boob stretch mark on the same boob ):
Sleep? I could sleep all day still.
Best moment last week? Feeling a bit better towards the end of the week. 3 days since I've blown chunks!
Movement? Not for a while, I'm sure.
Food cravings? Scooby Snacks gummies. I can eat like 3-4 packs of them at one time! YUM!
Gender? I'm still leaning towards girl, but I'm not sure.. I'd say it is only about 60% girl feeling
Belly button in/out? In for a long time.
What I miss: I have been feeling like a few glasses of wine would be nice. Otherwise I don't miss much
What I am looking forward to: Finding out if LO is a boy or girl!
Milestones: Hit 2nd tri, I guess the next real milestone is the a/s and half baked! Less than 50 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment