Friday, January 18, 2013

Nursery furniture is all here!

I have done a few crafts (changing pad cover and fitted crib sheet) that I took pictures for, but I'm not feeling like blogging much today. I just wanted to show off Jill's nursery furniture.

This was my original inspiration. I ended up changing my mind on the dresser and crib set and I'm really pleased with the new ones! The sheets I ordered custom on Etsy fell through, so the fabrics are slightly different (and I like them better bc they're more feminine) and I saved a bunch of money doing them myself. I actually spent less on the fabric for two sheets and two changing pad covers than I did on just the two sheets I originally ordered (almost $20!). I still haven't put up any prints and I'm going to re-do the mobile a bit (I will definitely post updated pics).
I am LOVING the sorting hat! These are the two changing pad covers I made (the dresser is not black, but the lighting in the nursery sucks). I think I will put Jill's name letters over the dresser with a framed print on both sides and then a vinyl HP quote over the crib. I plan to make maroon curtains when we move (I don't want to fit curtains to the windows here and them not work out at our new place and plus, I won't know how many windows she'll have).
I'm not crazy about how the pillow turned out. I wish I made the squares bigger and they didn't unravel as much as the quilt did in the wash
My first quilt! It's pretty small 36x36
 Here is Optimus trying out the crib after I put it together!

The rocker recliner is my favorite! It rocks and reclines really easily and it isn't one of the huge over-stuffed ones that would be difficult to get out of with a baby in my arms. Later, we can move it to another room easily (probably Keith's man-cave or our bedroom bc we have dark furniture in there too)
A better picture that shows the crib skirt. I hope it will stand out more once we move to a house without these tacky carpets.

 Also, unrelated to the nursery, here are my last 4 diapers that I have bought/plan to buy (until Jill gets here and we figure out what does and doesn't work for us). I really need some covers to go over the fitteds and, if we like prefolds, I will get some larger sizes in those later. I ordered 20 Charcoal and Microfiber Blend inserts and they are boiling now. I still need to strip my used diapers and I have two new BGs that I must have looked over when doing my huge prep a few weeks back. They just need to go through one wash bc they're new so I will throw them in with any clothes/blankets that Jill may get at my shower next weekend!
Little Fancy Pants fitted, Goodmama fitted, random WAHM pocket, LFP fitted


No comments:

Post a Comment