Saturday, December 8, 2012

27w0d

WOOHOO for 3rd tri! We've made it so far!

Up until 21 weeks: 0% survival rate

at 22 weeks: 0-10% survival rate

at 23 weeks: 10-35% survival rate

at 24 weeks: 40-70% survival rate

at 25 weeks: 50-80% survival rate

at 26 weeks: 80-90% survival rate

at 27 weeks: greater than 90% survival rate


---- ---- ---- ----

according to the March of Dimes


Yeah, I'm digging those odds. I certainly don't want to have a premature baby. I'd love for Jill to stay in until at least 38-42 weeks, but it feels great to know if something were to happen, that she's got around a 90% chance of survival (I'm honestly unsure about the chances of her having any medical problems related to premature birth though).

Not much is going on this week. I switched doctors. I originally chose my practice because it was recommended to me before I moved to CT and before I was even KU with my Sept baby. I knew I was moving up here and the girl just told me that's where she would recommend. The practice has 5 doctors and the one doctor that I really liked moved to Boston ): I called up a new practice that is just one doctor and a midwife. I'm excited to see if my care is a bit more personalized. I also want to talk induction policies for "overdue" moms. My original practice wouldn't change my due date from one based on LMP to one based on O date and how baby was measuring in my early dating u/s. They also have a policy to induce on 41w0d. That's a big deal to me. Jillian could decide she's going to come on her own in that 4 day difference and I'd like to give her until 42 weeks before I try to evict her (unless there's a serious medical reason). I don't want to touch pitocin with a 10 foot pole.

Anyways, there isn't much else to discuss since my next appointment isn't until 30 weeks and I haven't done any crafts recently. My next project will likely be burp cloths and/or bibs though. Stay tuned for shitty DIY posts from me!

How far along? 27w0d!
Total weight gain/loss? As of yesterday, I was 129 (so down 11lb since day 1, but up 9lb since I started gaining around 20-21w)
Stretch marks? No new ones
Sleep? I'm struggling with this sleep crap. I keep getting my schedule switched bc I can't sleep all night and end up sleeping all day. Right now I'm running on ~3hrs in an attempt to correct it and I'm counting down the time until it is acceptable to sleep on a Saturday night..
Best moment last week? Jill was a crazy person the past few days. Definitely entertaining and made me smile
Movement? See above. The little booger is definitely practicing her dance moves and I think I may have felt hiccups last night, but I'm honestly not sure. My whole entire belly was jumping for a few minutes
Food cravings? I have killed 4 granny smith apples in the last 24 hours
Belly button in/out? In. The bitch is a tease. It has been slowly stretching out for weeks now. We'll see when she pops!
Braxton Hicks/contractions? None so far. I hear people usually start getting the BHs in 3rd tri so I added this in!
What I miss: Not waddling after having a really active day - I have to keep this from last week.. I am waddling like I'm full term with twins after having a shopping day with Crammy :P
What I am looking forward to: visiting family over Christmas
Milestones: I just hit 3rd tri! I can't think of any real milestones coming up (well most aren't "real" anyways.. like the double digit countdown dealy). I guess next up is being 3/4 done at 30 weeks, 35/35 (35 weeks down with 35 days to go), 37 weeks is full term, 40 weeks will be her due date, and I'm sure 41w or so will be Jill's actual birthday :P
The past 10 weeks

26w4d
Full size at 27w0d!


2 comments:

  1. You're stunning! I love everything about this. I don't blame you about the pitocin as well! Lots of love to you and Jillian! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry our shopping day made you waddle but I had an awesome time. <3 you.

    ReplyDelete