Wednesday, December 19, 2012

DIY: Burp Cloth Embellishing

Alright, this one was super easy and super frustrating. I would definitely use different materials if I were making these as gifts.

Supplies:
I bought the Gerber cloth diapers 10-pack. Everyone always tells me they're the best for cheap spit up rags
Ribbon
Thread
Scissors
Pins
Sewing Machine


Steps:
Wash and dry the diapers. They will quilt up after the first wash and dry, so I'm assuming it'd distort the ribbon if you waited until after it was sewn together
Cut your ribbon to just a tad longer than the diaper long-ways. You want two strips of coordinating ribbon for each diaper

 Pin the ribbon. I chose to try and cover the seams that are in the diaper.
 Sew each edge of the ribbon down.
 Viola!
 Since the diapers quilt up and get all stretchy, it was a headache trying to sew straight lines while attaching the ribbons. If I used a less stretchy fabric (or was maybe a better sewer), they would have turned out a lot prettier. These were cheap and quick though! I'm sure Jill won't mind when I'm cleaning up her throw up and milk mouth with them!

2 comments: