Okay! This is EASY PEASY and you can get quite a few of these done in a really short amount of time! I plan on making a bunch more (but I don't have big enough scraps of fabric at the moment)
Supplies:
Fabric - you can either use two coordinating colors/patterns so the bib is reversible, or just cut out two pieces of the same fabric. Size depends on how big you want these bibs.
Paper & Pen
Scissors
Sewing Machine
Thread
Velcro or Buttons or Snaps (however you want to attach the ends to secure around baby's neck)
Step one: Draw out a pattern similar in shape to a right angled triangle with one curved side like this pattern (this pattern makes a pretty small bandana so that is why I suggest making one yourself)
Step two: Iron your fabric in half (do yourself a favor and fold the pretty side of the fabric in- so NOT like my picture.. I didn't catch on to that until my second piece)
Step three: Place your pattern with the straight edge to the fold of your fabric and trace. I also traced a little bit out (maybe 1/4-1/2in out) from the pattern so I have a visual of what line I'm going to sew (the inside line that is the size of the pattern) and what line I'm going to cut (the outside line)
Step four: Cut out your fabric. You are going to want two layers of fabric for one bandana
Step five: Iron out that crease (not particularly important, but it makes it nice and pretty)
Step six: Pin two pieces of fabric inside out
Step seven: SEW! Make sure you leave yourself a decent sized hole so you can turn the fabric right side out later
Step eight: Trim the extra fabric around the stitch. Leave some length by the hole so your seams are hidden later on (like in the picture below)
Step nine: Turn right side out and iron flat. Tuck your long fabric where the hole is in side when ironing
Step ten: Sew a straight stitch (or zig zag if you like that look better) fairly close to the edge of the fabric
Step eleven: Attach velcro or buttons to the round corners of the bandana and pin on baby! (Or stuffed animals if you don't have a baby quite yet!)
Pretty! I like the gray one with the white, black and yellow flowers!
ReplyDelete